Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"I always thought you were the brave one. But now I think your a coward, Aisha. I see her stiffen a little, but I still press on..." - Page 146

There is no lead-up to this quote. There is no explaining of how she got to this conclusion. Sure, the dialog between the two sisters hints at how Nadira has changed her mind, but we got no sudden realization, we did not follow her train of thought. The reader does not know how she goes from having no self esteem, to calling her sister a coward. I felt like I missed out on a really cool thought that she had. I would have liked to hear what she was thinking. 
I think the book is kinda choppy sometimes. The way it cuts back and forth between characters, and who is currently being focused on in this chapter. How between chapters, she will cut from one outing to another, without any explanation of how she got there. It's a good book, it's good writing, but sometimes it's too slow, and sometimes it jumps everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment