Monday, March 2, 2009

90's & Chapter 5

It's set in the 90's. There is a mention of the Britney Spears poster that's in Aisha's room, it was the only one she was allowed to have, and Aishas shirt, with Destiny's Child, that Ma thinks is too tight. I just think it's cool to be reminded of stuff that I haven't heard of or seen in a while.

I think the dude with the spiffy car and loud music will turn out to be a good character. I like the way Nadria approaches him with uncertainty and the way that her cousin, the girl with the low rise jeans, black T-shirts, and cropped hair thinks about the world, and getting angry, and the bit about her being a ring of angry flames; but then again I understand Nadria's point of view, and how she cannot understand why people claim that she won't understand, and the way they talk to her, and look at her, and that pressing feeling of just wanting them all to shut up. 

1 comment: